FANDOM


  • PyroGothNerd
    PyroGothNerd closed this thread because:
    No need for further discussion
    21:09, April 20, 2016

    If you spend a lot of time on the Slenderman wiki, then you know about all the annoying people claiming to be proxies for attention, when it is clear from the very start they are not, and never have been, proxies.

    Well, someone on this wiki has decided to claim to the one of the producers of the show, and was very clearly obviously lying.

    I am telling you all right now IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

    Anyone claiming to be part of the staff of Candle Cove will be blocked FOR A YEAR

    PERIOD

    If you're wondering why, look no further than what happened with those 2 girls who tried to become proxies up in Ohio. I do not want anything like that happening with Candle Cove. People are nuts, and love to blame everyone and everything except the actual culprits.

      Loading editor
    • Yeah I just saw that guy posting all that shit on the TV page. I went through and deleted all of their comments with them claiming to be a producer so no one else sees that and believes them. I hate it when people do crap like that.

        Loading editor
    • I blocked him and left a message on his page why he is blocked.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, and while we're at it, we're REALLY harsh on trolls who add sexual idiocy to the pages, too.

        Loading editor
    • How the fuck do you claim to be the producer of a show that never existed, and holds solid evidence that not only has the show never existed, but it was authored with the intention of being and presenting itself as fiction?

      - Some Drunk Asshole

        Loading editor
    • 50.141.66.132 wrote:
      How the fuck do you claim to be the producer of a show that never existed, and holds solid evidence that not only has the show never existed, but it was authored with the intention of being and presenting itself as fiction?

      - Some Drunk Asshole

      That question wasn't directed to me I guess, so I'm not gonna answer it. Oh who am I kidding, of course that's what I'm gonna do! XD

      People doesn't need something to be real in order to claim stuff, as far as I'm concerned. For example, do you know those two girls who stabbed another girl back in 2014 because "they were following orders of slenderman"? Well those two girls claimed to be following orders of a being that not only does not exist, but has been so highly pop-culturized that no one can actually believe on its existence anymore (arguably, I guess there's people who want to believe so bad they actually do think its real, but not the point here).

      The thing is, Candle Cove comes to be some sort of the same thing: even if it wasn't intended to be anything else than fiction, that will not prevent people from doing the shit they want once the content is released to public media. The guy in question here pretended to be staff from the original show. As much as this is false for reasons, it was obvious it was gonna happen at some point. You cannot have some piece of pop culture without eventually appearing someone who tries to be part of the content itself, or act as if it was real, for purposes only they might know (grabbing attention, having a justification to do certain things, expand the lore even more, etc.).

      So, briefly: How the fuck do you claim to be the producer of a show that never existed? ANSWER: Because they can (not meaning it's a good thing, but they can).


      On a final note, who the fuck is drunk at ten in the morning on a monday? that has to be like, the unhealthiest thing since mcdonalds'.

        Loading editor
    • I gotta agree with you on that one. Who gets drunk on a Monday.

        Loading editor
    • PirateJet wrote:
      I gotta agree with you on that one. Who gets drunk on a Monday.


      Bumped the thread just to say that I do sometimes.

        Loading editor
    • Kabogh wrote:
      PirateJet wrote:
      I gotta agree with you on that one. Who gets drunk on a Monday.

      Bumped the thread just to say that I do sometimes.


      Seriously?

        Loading editor
    • Naah that was a wisecrack

        Loading editor
    • I have but don't tend to.-shrug-

        Loading editor
    • RRabbit42
      RRabbit42 removed this reply because:
      same vandal that was here many times last year
      05:17, April 17, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • RRabbit42
      RRabbit42 removed this reply because:
      referred to a comment now removed
      05:18, April 17, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • What the hell? Why is there like admins like RRabit42 going around accusing people of "being the same vandal"and removing their posts? I'm tired of me and other wikia contributors being accused of that.

        Loading editor
    • 45.32.252.194 wrote:
      What the hell? Why is there like admins like RRabit42 going around accusing people of "being the same vandal"and removing their posts? I'm tired of me and other wikia contributors being accused of that.

      To answer your question, we had a vandal who used a hacking program to constantly change his IP address and stayed anonymous. This caused every time he got blocked, he would simply pop up again with a new IP. He was very persistant, extremely disruptive, and constantly harassed admins and anyone who defended them (including sexual harassment), even going as far as to go out of his way to go to other wikis I have edited on to web-stalk me (while denying it and trying to claim stalking is only defined as knowing where someone lives), and kept causing trouble for months on end.

      RRabbit42 dealt with this anon before me, and found the anon will often stay quiet for months before popping back up, Recently, the vandal apparently resurfaced on here and another wiki. As you can imagine, we don't want to take any chances with this troll again.

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd
      PyroGothNerd removed this reply because:
      same vandal as before
      21:07, April 20, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • ^^^As a matter of fact, there he was spouting his idiotic bullcrap.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message